Water & Sewer

Both the Town of Murphy and the Town of Andrews provide water and sewer to the County’s major industrial sites, parks, and buildings.  For more information on rates, access, and service contact the water and sewer departments of the town or the Cherokee County Economic Development office.

Town of Murphy: www.townofmurphync.com
Town of Andrews: www.andrewsnc.com


There are several electrical providers in Cherokee County each serving business and industry including prime industrial buildings and sites.   Contact the Cherokee County Economic Development office for questions about the provider serving the buildings or sites of interest.

The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
For over 80 years, the Tennessee Valley Authority has provided low cost, efficient electric service to an 7-state area that includes Cherokee County and much of Western North Carolina. TVA Economic Development serves the seven states that make up the TVA service area—almost all of Tennessee and parts of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia and Kentucky. Through partnerships with other economic development organizations, the TVA helps foster capital investment and job growth in the area. Site Selection magazine has named the TVA one of the top 10 utilities in economic development for the tenth straight year. For more information visit: https://tva.gov/Economic-Development#sthash.1DMkodD0.dpuf. Three of Cherokee County’s electric cooperatives purchase electricity and partner with the TVA:

Duke Energy

A portion of Cherokee County is served by Duke Energy – the nation’s largest electric provider, Duke Energy serves the Midwest and Southeastern U.S. and partners with local government agencies and economic developers to provide affordable power for business and industry. For additional information visit: http://www.duke-energy.com/north-carolina-business.asp


There are three major providers of phone, wireless, internet, and business communications in Cherokee County. Each serve different sections of the County so please contact the Cherokee County Economic Development office to determine the provider that serves your location.

Cherokee County North Carolina Economic Development Corporation